Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Little Lost

Come a little closer, look me in the eye. I don't want to be afraid to go there. To drop every wall and bear it all. I want to fearlessly undress in front of him and leave myself open to curious exploration. I want to be touched on parts of me that have grown dusty and forgotten. I want someone to understand me on the level that I can barely understand. Open, like a flower in full bloom. Ready and waiting for pollinating bees to carry pieces of me with them and spread it to the world.
But I get weak, I get weary. At times I fear that no one is willing to get that close to me because doing so would involve the same nakedness. It's almost as if we're programmed to guard ourselves from the world and even those that we love. Often times as humans we're so dishonest with ourselves we grow to believe the lies. My mother always told me that humans were not meant to be alone, we are designed for it. Even physically, we're built to be with another human being.
Fear. What is there to fear? A few moments of unbearable sadness or a possible lifetime of happiness? That question, I suppose, could go both ways. A few moments of true happiness or a lifetime of unbearable sadness?

[The Truth]: The bottom line is, we all just want someone to hold us. Someone to be there for us when the world seems to have turned its back on us. We need someone to be there. We spend ourselves (whether we know it or not) searching for that one person or people. A lot of us post pone it, hold it off, reasons may vary but when it's late at night and they're laying alone something inside of then calls for a companion.
[The Ugly Truth]: In our search for "the one" too often do we mistake people that are only mean to be in our lives for a moment with those who are meant for a lifetime. Once we've left ourselves completely open and end up with nothing but memories, a broken spirit, and emotional wounds that sometimes never heal. After undergoing such unbearable sadness it is no surprise why many people prefer to be alone. It's better to be alone and content because no one can hurt you if you don't allow then to get close enough. This, creates the fear.
[The Risk] After all, what do you have to lose? It's only your heart and momentary happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment